Sunday, September 18, 2011

DIY Haunted Mansion Holiday Wreath Prop


NIGHTMARE BEFORE CHRISTMAS                

DISNEYLAND - HAUNTED MANSION HOLIDAY WREATH

Cost: $10 or less

This is the Nightmare Christmas wreath that hangs all over Disneyland's Haunted Mansion during the Nightmare Before Christmas holiday overlay around Halloween and Christmas time. I always wanted to have on of these wreaths, so i tried to make my own. I got the plain black wreath at Michael's for pretty cheap. I bought all the assorted Fall leaves, twigs and berries from Michael's floral department (50% off!) I hot glued all the floral items into the wreath. I then cut the Nightmare skull out of pink insulation foam and painted it. The skull is not quite right, I'll admit it...and the black and white stripe ribbon was hand painted from some old wired ribbon I already had.

Original Skull Hanging on Disneyland Haunted Mansion:
           

2011 DIY Prop Wreath:

2013 Wreath Update:
 This is a DIY skull I made form making a mold from my original Disneyland prop skull. 
It was then cast in plaster and painted.
This one is much more accurate, and I am very happy with it. 
________________________________________________

ALSO:
2D Skull Template Printable:
Use this skull as your guide to cut skulls out of paper, cardboard, wood, or foam!




1 comment:

  1. This is great!! Do you sell your skulls?

    ReplyDelete

Pin It button on image hover