-Pink Insulation Foam
-Fine grit sand paper
Scary Vampire Teddy Head Construction Tutorial
(Detailed description corresponds with picture tutorial above)
1b. Make or Buy a round foam head.
(I could have bought a foam ball, but I had tons of pink foam just laying around so I figured I might as well use it. I used 3 squares of pink foam, stacked and glued them together into a 6"x6" cube . Then once it dried I used a kitchen knife to shave off all the edges until it formed a ball.)
2. Notch out a wedge shaped mouth area with a knife .
3a. Cut out small ear pieces. Glue them to the head.
(You can use toothpicks to help them stay in place as they dry)
3b. Draw out with pen the placement of the eyes, nose, and widows peak.
4. Cut a small "dot" of foam for the raised nose, and glue into place.
5. Use some sort of flexible tubing for his lips.
(I did not want to spend any money, so I used rolled up paper towels dowsed is white glue. I blow dried them until they were tacky, then applied them to his mouth. Once they fully dried, they hardened and were very strong).
6. Use an exacto blade to notch, cut, and shave out the details of his eyes and widows peak
7. Pace paper up against the mouth and mark the shape of the mouth opening as best as you can. from that draw teeth that will fit in that opening. dry fit the paper teeth into the mouth. this is a tryal and error process. Once you get a good set that fit perfectly, they can be used as the paper template to cut the foam teeth later.